Friday, 24 June 2016
As school holidays beckon, it’s time to say thank you to our wonderful teachers for all their help and care over the last year. But are you fed up with the same old gifts for teachers? Are you feeling crafty and want something special and personal to give. Well, here is my step by step guide to making a chalkboard planter which combines crafts and plants, my favourite things!
I am going to show you how to make a chalkboard planter where you can write your own special message…
1. Paint the top rim of your plant pot white (I gave it a couple of coats)
2. Paint the bottom section with blackboard paint (allow 2-3 coats)
3. Once dry, draw on your measuring tape around the top using your black marker pen
4. Add your message in chalk. I wrote “Thanks for helping me grow” on one side and “Lulu x” on the other but you could draw/write whatever you want.
5. Plant your plant, being careful not to smudge your artwork.
And there you have it, a wonderful, unique gift for your lovely teacher.
A BIG thank you to my clever Auntie Nicola Simm who inspired me to make this gift.
A HUGE thank you to Mrs Sneddon for being my wonderful teacher this year!
Hugs & kisses,