Tuesday, 12 December 2017
As Christmas creeps ever closer it’s time to think about making sure Santa’s reindeer can find your home on Christmas Eve by sprinkling some reindeer food in your garden. PLEASE don’t sprinkle reindeer food that has normal glitter in it though as it can be really harmful to wildlife and birds if they ingest it. Why don’t you make your very own wildlife friendly reindeer food so that you know that it will be nice and safe and the reindeer are sure to guide Santa safely to your door:
1. Mix the oats, sprinkles and edible glitter together in a bowl
2. Carefully spoon them into your bag and seal
3. Make your “Reindeer Food” label. You may want to add this little poem:
“Sprinkle this magical reindeer food on your lawn at night
The moon will make it sparkle bright
As Santa’s reindeer fly and roam
This will guide them to your home”
4. Add your label to your bag. If you like use a brown pipe cleaner to make antlers and add googly eyes and a red pom pom for a nose to turn your bag into Rudolph.
5. On Christmas Eve sprinkle your reindeer food around your garden leading to your door.
6. Go to bed and don’t wake up til Christmas morning.
Fingers crossed you are all on the Nice List and get lots of pressies!
Lulu & Tilda xx